Give me a century before saying "I love you"

Let me get this straight. When you feel something, you express it, right? You get pissed, you yell. You feel grateful, you give thanks. You feel down, you cry. You achieve a goal, you celebrate. But why in the world, do we limit our expressions when it comes to love? Just three words, with letters even less in numbers than your fingers. Just a second to declare and around three or five to write.

Would you agree that it takes way longer for most people to think how, why, or should they really tell someone those tiny little words (well, mostly for the first time) than actually blurt them out? For a guy who's serious with a girl, roughly a week or two. For the girl who likes that guy in return, give her a couple of weeks to a month. For old married couples who are not mushy, give them a month for they'd just probably say it during month anniversaries. For a guy who wants to get back with his ex, maybe three weeks would be long enough. But with that, I'm actually not sure, or should I say impossible. For old married couples, I think they tell that to each other every night before they go to sleep, or every morning when they wake up. For guys and girls on their first few years of relationship, as I know and had been through, every hour or a half, all day, every single day.

See, we all know that whatever feelings we have, they all travel up to the brain for processing then execution, right? When we touch something hot or tripped over something, we immediately feel pain and we yell, "Ouch!" or "Aray! or "Aaaaww!". For lucky people who won the lottery (be it big or just STL), or got promoted at work, they get all too excited and probably shout, "Wooohoooo!" or "Yeheeeyyyy!" while jumping with joy. But when you get love at first sight, or when you suddenly realize that you love that person, does it really have to take long for your heart, brain and body to respond? Maybe heart won't let it take you that long, it's all the brain's fault. Oh, human beings, I just can't figure us out.

Maybe it really has to work that way, because not most of us are impulsive which I think is good. While writing this, at first I thought of the time we are wasting for not letting somebody know how much we feel for them. But then when my mind come across the word 'impulsive', it seems like it suddenly nudged me on the head and brought me back to reality: that in order to not hurt someone, we must think before we speak and stand for what we say.


OK. Funny how I make myself straighten out my own dilemmas and hit myself with my own words. Tsk tsk.

Comments

  1. ganon pa man mas maganda pa ring pag dating sa love we tried to be careful on showing it. Kasi mawawala ang excitement or thrill.

    pag i love you na lang ng ilove you parang nawawala ang mahika nito

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Pag-Ibig"

Easy Lunch

happy tears.